Tuesday 23 June 2009

The Weekend



I spent Saturday pretty much non-stop on my feet. Up at 8am and into the town centre. An application for was handed in (fingers crossed I will be successful with something along the way), a trip to the nurse, a visit to my new manager (OK before you think I just said I've been applying for jobs, this one is only 8-12 hrs a week working mostly weekends) which was very successful. As I had some time to waste I took a slow walk down the Boulevard but down the hidden garden way and took some photos to prove MK does have some hidden gems. After doing my errands I bumped into my sister and nephew and then went to meet Betty and Charlie.

It was so good to see the good people again. It has been so long since I've seen Charlie and it always makes me beam to see her again. She is truly amazing. Obviously any time with Betty is well spent as well (I couldn't go on too much about her otherwise I would sound a little obsessed). We went to meet Tom as well later on and had a look around the art exhibition that the college puts on every summer. There was, as per usual, some fantastic work on display and then some things which I was happy to say I was not the only one to comment "I don't get it". Betty, Charlie and Tom are all art students who were in the exhibition last year, so I rely on them to explain things to me a lot.

So after looking around the exhibition I departed and went down to the train station. Today was the day I would see Jérémie again after more than a year. Leaving MK at 3.30pm I knew it wouldn't be a long visit. I didn't get to his place until just gone 5pm although it shouldn't have been so late...I am pretty awful at reading maps and remembering to bring directions to get to places too. Never mind. It was a little odd as I didn't feel anything when he opened the door other than a little bit of embarrassment for seeing his reflection and walking the wrong way (I've never understood reflections and that side of physics/mathsy stuff). He certainly gave a better reception than the last time I'd seen him. Standing on the bottom step he lent down towards me, held my face in his hands and gave me a kiss on each cheek. He looked almost as if a wave of relief had washed over him when he has hold of me. It was strange.
So in I went and he showed me around the house. Much nicer than some of the other places I've seen but it looked like there were only three of them living there, though it was just him when I was there and until he moves out. I was so paranoid about what was going to happen, really certain that it was going to be friends only. He made me a mug of coffee and was trying to chat about Uni stuff and asking how my first year had been, but I really didn't have anything to say. Although I think I can partly out that down to the tonsillitis making me so tired. We went into the living room and sat down to watch "X-Men Origins: Wolverine". Again, another weird situation with me taking to sitting in the corner of the sofa all huddled up and him lying across it. It didn't feel uncomfortable really, just a little odd I guess. As the film started he put his arms out for a hug. So I ended up snuggled up on his chest, all interlocked for the film. It did just feel normal. Really natural to just be back in his arms again. He even did the same things he used to, held my face and felt it with his thumb. Just sort of stroking it, almost getting to know his way around it again, reminding himself who I was or something. It was incredibly relaxing but ever so annoying when he ended up placing his hands over my eyes.
He stopped the film a couple of times and tried to make me speak french to him. I don't know why I always get so nervous when he asks me to do that. I never know what to say. So we had a very stupid conversation and then when the film finished I went to sit up and as I moved my head he moved his down ever so slightly and we nose-to-nose looking into each others eyes. I lowered my eyes and as I did so he placed the softest kiss on my lips. And that was it. It was liking being with an animal. Nothing really happened other than kissing and biting but he pulled back from me, held my face and then told me "This is how we kiss in France" and proceeded to do these crazy series of biting kisses and "teaching" me how to do it the french way. It was so bizarre. I don't really know how else to say it. I wanted to stay there so bad. It was so much more sexual and passionate than he ever used to be. He started biting my neck, face, chest...his hands were all over and the noises he made were just....it was so weird. He was never like that before. But it was a lot of fun. But there was no way I could let it go further so I placed her hand firmly on his chest pushed him gently and told him I would have to go soon. At least he responded to it better than the last guy I stopped in their tracks.
We sat talking four half an hour then he walked me to the train station around 8pm. He was so energetic it was totally opposite to the last time I saw him. He was full flow telling me about his summer and his family. When we got to the station we stood there for a bit talking about France and checking when my train came then he apologised, said he could stay until it got there, held my face gave me a kiss slap on the lips, squeezed my hand, smiled and left. The whole thing was nothing like I expected it to be.

It was a long journey back. Half an hour wait for the train, half an hour to Northampton, half an hour waiting there and then another half hour into MK. Kathryn picked me up at the station and the first thing she said to me "Did you sleep with him?". It was so good to be able to say no. It really felt good because I know everyone thought they knew I would. I got back home eventually just after 10.30pm, absolutely spent but unable to sleep.

The next day I was up at 8am again, in work just after 11am until 5pm. It was so good to get back into that, and to start on a day with just JenN, Mel and Attia. So happy to be back there, it was such a relief to get back into doing something other than nothing in MK. Will be there every weekend and the odd week days until I move back to Manchester =)

I spoke to Jérémie on Sunday evening/night briefly. Just left a quick message to say thanks and it was good to see him. And for the first time he responded with "Don't thank me, I should thank you. It was it is true." The most unlike-him response.

Songs of the week: "You've Lost That Loving Feeling" ~ Halls and Oats
"The Show" ~ Lenka
Book of the week: "East of Eden" ~ John Steinbeck