Sunday 30 March 2008

Golden Touch

I don't think I have ever smiled as much as I have done this weekend. And the likelihood of a repetition...hopefully quite high. But it is something that we will see about.

Today (
Sunday 30th March 2008) has gone down in history as the best day of my life by a very very long shot. And even if it doesn't keep its place, there is no possible way I will forget it unless amnesia strikes.

I'm not sure how to write this, the only thing that I can think of right at this moment is the poster above his bed. And for some reason I cannot remember what it was, well the actual image I remember vividly, I stared at that for so long. Every time I looked at it all I could think of was the butterflies in my stomach on Saturday afternoon as I sat on that train. I went up to
Coventry to visit Jérémie who I met a couple of weeks ago at DeeJay’s party. I don’t know why but I just really wanted to see him and it is so unlike me to be so confident and forward but for some reason with him it felt like it was OK. However I was not entirely sure of what would happen. I felt it best not to play it up and so decided to see it as a day trip, probably would be there for a few hours then would head home a little deflated. I had used DeeJay having left his laptop cable there as an excuse so that the visit would not be completely wasted.

When I got to Coventry the butterflies had settled and I was preparing for a non-plus sort of day. I picked up the cable and then went downstairs to see Jérémie (this is about 2pm). And oh what an entrance. I’d forgotten the main door to his floor was automatic and so as it opened I looked up and saw him leaning against the wall in shorts and top standing in that “oh-so-sexy” way with hand in hair. I could have fallen right then but kept my cool. He greeted me with the typical French kiss on each cheek, except I stupidly went for kiss and cuddle as I do with my friends at home. But this was no big deal. We went into his room and started watching a movie. It was odd how quickly I settled into his room, and to being around him. I knew I was still a bit fluttery in the tummy as I went to go and make some coffee and found my hand shaking a ridiculous amount. I made him go and have a quick wash as he had only got up (something I am sure I would not have said that to another). Then, very soon after, we were on his bed kissing and touching and it felt so right and natural. We went out after for a wander about Coventry to find something to do but there isn’t much around at 5pm worth doing so we headed back to his. On went 300 which I don’t remember much of though neither do I remember what we did. I think I turned my back to the screen and was just snuggled in his arms. We spent most of the night like this and sitting and talking and just very relaxed. Clearly I d spent the night so some lame-ass excuse was sent to the father. He didn’t fall for it but I really couldn’t have cared less. At midnight we got up and made some dinner and sat talking in the kitchen for about three hours about anything and everything from family and mafia and governments and culture. I don’t think I have ever spent so much time talking to someone without getting bored. But I was totally enthralled by him. We went back to his room and watched the Godfather movie for a very short amount of time and then came the first time. Well, almost. But what was to come was pretty awesome. I don’t think we slept until 4am or later so a very well earned lie-in was to follow for Sunday.

I woke fairly early and sent a couple of texts to say I wouldn’t be home til the evening and just general catch-up with some “concerned friends” shall we say. He finally fully woke at 3pm. Before this though I needed to get up a couple of times to drink and use the bathroom. He was so sweet. Every time I moved his arm so I could get out of bed he would pull me back towards him. I wonder if he thought I was going to leave!? There is no way I could have done that to him. Which reminds me, when we went to go to sleep he pulled me into his arms and whilst I slept he would randomly pull me on top of him and start kissing me. I think I may have had a bit of a start too at some point as I woke to him asking “Qu’est-ce que ce passe ce soir?”. But as someone who hasn’t spoken French in 18 months I conceded to a simple “Hmmm? - nothing”. I don’t even know if he did ask that or not, but I don’t think I answered in a bad way.

Anyway, he gets up and obviously had rebooted his energy levels as he proceeds straight off to get into the flow of the night before. And we ended up going the whole way this time. And it was so good. Something which I was certain wouldn’t happen the first time happened and he was so – I don’t know. Amazing and the best way to describe him is, he is ‘something else!’ I meant to leave that afternoon, maybe two o’clock. But it was so blissful just lying in bed nest to him sniggled against his chest that I didn’t leave ‘til 7pm. Oh dear, I don’t think the parents were too impressed but I couldn’t have cared less. I had the biggest grin on my face as he walked me to the taxi rank, gave me a kiss goodbye, as I was driven away I was still smiling and I think people at the station could tell as it felt like everyone was looking at me.

He was online when I got home as well and I spent the evening talking to him and relaying the weekend to my closest friends who were all shocked, but happy too. And I just smiled, and smiled some more!