Monday 17 November 2008

How Things Are Going


So, I moved up to Manchester back in September to recommence my University education. And since I have been up here it has just been amazing. Nothing had gone wrong in particular so I think these have possibly been my happiest few months this year. Much more so than others which I previously believed to be so wonderful (other than the obvious of travelling around Europe).

I haven't felt the need to pour my heart and soul out at any point and I think that is because I have found people who I can talk to when I get frustrated over the small things or even ecstatic over the bigger. It's felt so weird to know I can talk to someone physically instead of having to sit and type endlessly or my random thoughts and feelings and wait for that feeling of relief to settle over me.

A fair amount has happened in the past months where I haven't been blogging and I have missed out a huge amount of stuff that has happened in that time. Probably the main thing being my Euro-trip and the birth of Zack, my nephew. I can't really sit here and talk about Europe again, I did write a diary for every day of the trip but I don't know when I would ever have time to type it all up and post here. So all I can say is, it was the most amazing three weeks of my life and I would do it all again for the rest of my life if I could.

Zack, my beautiful little boy, well my sister's beautiful baby boy. He was born on October 20th at 16:30 weighing 8lbs. I was home the weekend my sister and him came home and I just love him to bits. I was back the first weekend, the next weekend and the the week after for my reading week. It is quite strange as I saw him every weekend for his first 4 weeks and now it has been 4 weeks almost to the day that I've seen him and I do miss him. I'm so so excited about going down in the next week to see him again. He is so beautiful and just, had brought so much happiness into his family it is unbelievable. I have never in my life sat in a room with 10 adults and not one of them speaking a word but all with their eyes trained on a sleeping babe. He is the most incredible miracle, I really do adore him.